Kane Historic Preservation Society
About us ... Organization, the Building, and the Depot Boys...
The Kane Depot Preservation Society was formed in 1995 by a group of people for the purpose of acquiring and preserving the old Pennsylvania Railroad Station in Kane, PA. The group (the 'depot boys') eventually merged with the Kane Historical Society to form the Kane Historic Preservation Society.
The Historic Depot building is located in the center of town. It estimated to have been built in 1871. Most of the original exterior is intact and much of the interior also remains in near-original condition.
Work on the building has been done almost entirely by volunteers and is a source of pride in the Kane community.
The Preservation Society is managed by a board of Directors. Currently board members include: Richard Bly, Chair; John Marconi, Vice Chair; Dennis Driscoll, Secretary; Wendy Oakes, Treasurer; Sue Holt, member; Scott Morgan, member; Merry Ryding, member; Mike Symanski, member