About Us        History      Membership       Projects       Photos       Contact

  Donations & Merchandise
  Art Works at the Depot
 
Community Events Calendar


HISTORY

The Kane Depot was built in 1873. An extension was made to the original building in 1890. The first railroad to operate through the depot was the Philadelphia/Erie Railroad. Subsequent railroads operating through the depot included the Pennsylvania Railroad Company, the Allegheny Eastern Railroad Company and finally Buffalo Western Railroad. The Kane Depot Preservation Society purchased the Kane Depot from Buffalo Western Railroad in 1995.

Today, the Kane Depot is the oldest surviving commercial building in Kane, PA. It is also one of only two still existing buildings that the town's founder, General Thomas L. Kane, is sure to have been in.

 

 
  Visitors

2007 Kane Depot Preservation Society. All rights reserved.